Enhanced Health and Safety at the Myerberg
This page will be updated based on guidance from local and state government.
Use of Masks/Face Coverings
- Masks are required at the Myerberg without exceptions. All individuals must wear a mask fully covering their nose and mouth at all times.
- Acceptable face coverings include masks, scarves, bandanas, and gaiters that fully cover the nose and mouth and fit snugly against the sides of your face without gaps. We do not allow masks with exhalation valves or vents.
- Masks may be temporarily lowered or raised to hydrate.
- For Frequently Asked Questions concerning mask use, CLICK HERE.
- Physical distancing of at least 6 feet is required in the Myerberg’s building and during all activities.
- To facilitate this, exercise equipment has been removed or disabled so that proper spacing may be maintained. Plexiglass has been installed in key areas, and floor markers and signage have been installed throughout our building. Furniture has been removed or rearranged to safe distances and to reduce congregating.
- Registration opens June 1, 2021. All participants, including care partners, must first make a reservation online or call 410-358-6856 before entering our building. We are not allowing drop-in or guest visitors.
- All registered participants will be required to sign a Code of Conduct and Liability Waiver prior to their first visit.
- During check-in, you will have your temperature taken and be asked to respond truthfully to a health prescreening questionnaire. Staff reserve the right to prohibit entry by any participant who answers “yes” to a health screening question and/or who has a temperature above 100.4 degrees.
Sanitizing and Cleaning Procedures
- Our enhanced frequent cleaning procedures help assure that all surfaces and high touch points are kept clean and free of bacterial build-up. This includes the use of Electrostatic Antimicrobial Fog Sprayers that enable the cleaning solutions to adhere to surfaces and penetrate hard-to-reach areas including cracks and crevices.
- Rooms are being cleaned between every reservation time slot. In addition, our team routinely cleans throughout the day and a deep cleaning is done mornings and at the end of each day.
- Disinfectant wipes are available for members and staff to use in all activity rooms to kill bacteria, germs and viruses.
- Touchless hand sanitizer stations are available throughout our building. We encourage everyone to wash their hands with soap and water frequently and thoroughly for at least 20 seconds each time.
Ventilation: Air Conditioning and Heating Units
- We provide regular preventive maintenance to our units including routine filter changes. Our air filters come with a Minimum Efficiency Reporting Values (MERV) rating of 11. MERV ratings define the effectiveness of the filter against airborne particles which are measured in Microns. Each Micron is one millionth of a meter in size. We use MERV 11 filters in all J cooling and heating units, the highest filter recommended for our heating and cooling systems which also enable unobstructed air flow. MERV filters rated 11 catch particles that are 1.0 – 3.0 microns and are often used in hospital laboratories.
- Water fountains have been temporarily turned off. Participants must bring their own water.
Food and Drink
- Participants may not bring food or drink, other than water for hydration, in our building at this time.
Use of Fans
- Free-standing fans will be stored away in a closet. Fans of all types will not be permitted.