Enhanced Health and Safety at the Myerberg
Effective February 28, 2022, the Myerberg Center will be open Monday – Thursday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Friday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. All virtual programming will continue as scheduled.
Myerberg Center Hours Update
In an effort to continue to offer a safe environment for our members, staff, and guests, the Myerberg Center will be reducing building hours for participation in onsite programs. Effective January 10, 2022 – February 25, 2022, the Myerberg Center will be open Monday – Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Thursday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. and closed Fridays. All virtual programming will continue as scheduled.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely and will take steps to minimize risk as necessary.
Please remember that participants in onsite programs are required to wear a N95/KN95 mask, or double mask with a surgical and/or cloth mask. Masks may be briefly lowered to hydrate.
We recommend that all participants in onsite programs obtain their COVID-19 vaccine booster if they have not done so already. Onsite participants can update their account profile with us to include the date they received their COVID-19 vaccine booster.
Individuals exposed to or who test positive for COVID-19 should follow the instructions found at our COVID-19 Exposure and Quarantine page.
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.
This page will be updated based on guidance from local and state government.
- Effective December 1, ALL onsite participants, including members and guests, will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Fully vaccinated means one of the following: one dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine, or the first two doses of either the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine or the Moderna vaccine.
- Individuals who solely participate in classes and programs offered through our Virtual Center are NOT required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- You can register your vaccination status online by CLICKING HERE, or by calling us at (410)-358-6856
Use of Masks/Face Coverings
- Effective Monday, August 9, 2021, masks are required while inside our building, regardless of vaccination status.
- Onsite participants are required to wear a N95/KN95 or double mask. Individuals can double mask with either cloth and/or surgical masks. It is not recommended that individuals double mask with a N95/KN95.
- Masks may be temporarily lowered or raised to hydrate.
- Physical distancing of at least 6 feet is recommended in the Myerberg’s building and during all activities.
- Preregistration is required for all onsite programs. CLICK HERE to learn more.
- During check-in, you may have your temperature taken and be asked to respond truthfully to a health prescreening questionnaire. Staff reserve the right to prohibit entry by any participant who answers “yes” to a health screening question and/or who has a temperature above 100.4 degrees.
Sanitizing and Cleaning Procedures
- Our enhanced frequent cleaning procedures help assure that all surfaces and high touch points are kept clean and free of bacterial build-up. This includes the use of Electrostatic Antimicrobial Fog Sprayers that enable the cleaning solutions to adhere to surfaces and penetrate hard-to-reach areas including cracks and crevices.
- Our team routinely cleans throughout the day and a deep cleaning is completed mornings and at the end of each day.
- Disinfectant wipes are available for members and staff to use in all activity rooms to kill bacteria, germs and viruses.
- Touchless hand sanitizer stations are available throughout our building. We encourage everyone to wash their hands with soap and water frequently and thoroughly for at least 20 seconds each time.
Ventilation: Air Conditioning and Heating Units
- We provide regular preventive maintenance to our units including routine filter changes. Our air filters come with a Minimum Efficiency Reporting Values (MERV) rating of 13. MERV ratings define the effectiveness of the filter against airborne particles which are measured in Microns. Each Micron is one millionth of a meter in size. We use MERV 11 filters in all J cooling and heating units, the highest filter recommended for our heating and cooling systems which also enable unobstructed air flow. MERV filters rated 13 catch particles that are 1.0 – 3.0 microns and are often used in hospital laboratories.
Food and Drink
- Onsite participants are allowed to eat and drink on an individual basis in designated spaces in our building. Programs such as Bagel Bunch or Northwest Neighbors Connecting (NNC) will offer food and drink on a grab and go basis. Congregate eating and drinking is currently prohibited.
Use of Fans
- Free-standing fans will be stored away in a closet. Fans of all types will not be permitted at this time.